Tuesday, September 16, 2014

A friend wrote to me this morning.

A friend sent me an email this morning. Can't remember when I last got such a thoughtful and cheering message. I don't know if the polling companies think they're picking this kind of thing up. I doubt they are.

    "Morning David

    Thought I should let you know that as Karen and I will be on a flight to Paris (TL long fun with a dash of strategy meeting weekend away) on Thursday morning ........  we won't be able to vote........

    [David picks himself off the floor after swearing at the screen....]

    In person.

    But have signed our postal ballots and both stuck a cross in "yes".

    Both remain nervous about it.  But willing to keep our fingers crossed and hope we, as in Scotland, can work it all out and make it a success.

    I wanted to let you know that if it hadn't been for your intervention and us looking at material via some of the links you sent us then I reckon we'd both have stuck to our risk averse roots and voted no.  So, as I know you are genuinely passionate about this, I wanted you to know that you are personally responsible for our two yes votes.

    Exciting times.  You'll be pulling an all-nighter on Thursday I expect.

    Cheers

    Mark"

(Names changed. Otherwise, as written).


We are, all of us, rising to the occasion in a wonderful, inspiring fashion and the world is watching as we do so.

1 comment: